August 22, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Raviolis

Pasta and Chocolate?! End of story!
 
When I found out how easy it would be to take the pasta I have been making, add some cocoa powder and voila! Chocolate pasta! I knew I had to make some. I highly recommend using a pasta attachment on your KitchenAid in order to make this because the dough needs to be very thin.
 
 
 
Prep Time: 45 Min
Cook Time: 10-15 Min
 
Ingredients
 
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbs sugar (I used evaporated cane juice)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- additional flour for rolling/shaping
- Filling: I used bananas with brown sugar and cinnamon. I also filled some with peanut butter.
- Chocolate sauce: You could just melt chocolate and drizzle. I mixed chocolate with a little coconut milk and shredded coconut and then whisked over low heat on the stove top.
- Powdered sugar
 
Directions
 
- Combine the flour, cocoa, sugar, salt and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Knead and then allow to rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes
- Using your pasta attachment, run the dough through multiple times to get very thin. You can break the dough into 4 small balls to make it easier to run through the machine.
 
 
- Lay the dough on a floured surface and cut out circles or squares to shape raviolis
- Place the filling inside the shapes and top with another
 
 
- Press the edges together with a fork to seal
- When ready, boil in some water with sugar for about 10 minutes until tender
- Top with chocolate sauce and powdered sugar
- If you are saving the ravioli for another day and plan on freezing it, be sure to freeze the pieces individually on a baking sheet before combining them or they will be become mush. I know from experience!
 
 
*NOTE* To make the banana filling, in a small pan, saute 2 bananas sliced with some brown sugar and cinnamon for about 5 minutes until tender. Place in a bowl in the fridge until ready to use.
 
With my leftover dough, I put it through the fettuccine attachment and made some chocolate fettuccine for future use!
 
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment