August 7, 2012

Pear and Cheese Satchels with Hazelnut Mascarpone Sauce

This is a recipe I made several weeks ago, prior to starting my food blog. I bought the pear and cheese satchel pasta from Mazzaro's Italian Market in St. Pete. They have a great selection of fresh pasta and I love pears! Now that I have been making my own pasta lately I will definitely try to make my own satchels or raviolis filled with pears. If you don't have pear pasta you could easily substitute just a cheese filled pasta or saute some pears with the sauce, yum!

I am not a full convert yet, I still don't think that Vegan cheese tastes anything like the real deal, so in this recipe I used a little mascarpone cheese to add some depth to the sauce. Mascarpone is an Italian cheese that is used in Tiramisu and often used instead of butter to thicken dishes like risotto. You can get hazelnut milk at most health food stores in the alternative milk aisle and mascarpone cheese is available at grocery stores in the deli aisle.

Pear and Cheese Satchels with Hazelnut Mascarpone Sauce



Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 15 Min

Ingredients

- Pear and Cheese Satchel Pasta (You can substitute cheese-filled pasta or saute pears with sauce)
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 3/4 cup Hazelnut Milk
- 3 tbs Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup of Spinach (optional)

Directions

- Put a medium pot with salted water on the stove to boil, cook pasta according to package
- In a saute pan on medium heat, saute onion and garlic with a little olive oil for about 5 min
- Add the mascarpone cheese to the saute pan and whisk until melted
- Add Hazelnut Milk and increase heat to bring to a small boil
- Once boiling reduce hit to low and let simmer to thicken
- Add spinach to sauce and stir until wilted
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce

Done! Quick and delicious! 

                           


No comments:

Post a Comment